We’re going to try something different for our March meeting, and we need your help.
One of the most indispensable marketing tools for authors is an appealing website. We’re seeking members who’ve built their own author website and/or have enough website experience to teach the rest of us something you think everyone should know. In five to ten minutes.
It could be:
- How to use a particular website builder that’s easy and flexible (WordPress, Squarespace, Wix, Weebly….)
- A WordPress plug-in that makes everything easier for you and your site visitors.
- A theme or theme site that you love.
- A website host that you recommend, or one to steer clear of.
- How to do e-commerce on your site.
- SEO, keywords, marketing, menus, widgets, security, and more.
It need not be technical. It could be your blog strategy — what you choose to write about and how you spread the word. Or where you find the right images for your site.
Our goal is to select six presenters, aiming for the best mix of expertise levels and useful tools. The presentation must be under 10 minutes, grab everyone’s attention and teach them something, and, ideally, be accompanied by slides or other visuals.
(Note: This idea is “borrowed” from the San Francisco–based WordPress Meetup, which hosted WordPress Blitz in 2015.)
Contact me at [email protected].
P.S. If you are confident and experienced behind the dashboard of a website, we would also love to have your help making this BAIPA site better. There are plenty of opportunities to help.