[PAST EVENT] September Morning Presentation: PUBLICITY 101—Be Your Own PR Pro
About this event:
What Authors Need to Know to Promote Their Books
Morning Speaker Presentation with Isabella Michon:
11 AM to 12:15 PM
Afternoon Workshop: 1-3 PM
(see separate event)
(General meeting begins at 9 AM, speaker presentation is at 11 AM, after Q&A,
networking time, introductions & announcements)
Everyone can’t become a New York Times bestselling author. Yet, you will discover how to do everything in your power to become one. And most valuable: you’ll know how to be your own publicist.
LEARN HOW TO:
- Get free or inexpensive publicity.
- Be a star at home and on the road.
- Get the media to love you and your fiction or non-fiction book.
- Ace interviews on radio, TV, print, online and social media.
- Develop the press kit that media can’t say no to.
- Be the media’s best friend and NOT their worst enemy.
- Be your own PR Pro, but understand how the right publicist can give you insider’s access to top media.
About our speaker
Isabella Michon is the president and founder of ImMedia Inc. A former TV producer, and Harper SF publicist, she has over 37 years publicity and promotion experience. She has garnered coverage in USA Today, A.P., NBC, CBS, CNN, NPR, and the front page of The Wall Street Journal. Isabella has helped bestselling authors, including Deepak Chopra, Melody Beattie, Andrew Harvey, Day in the Life series co-creator David Cohen, and Robert Thurman, who Time named as “one of the 25 most influential people”. Her workshops include “How to Promote Your Book to the Top of the Bestseller List.” She is a faculty member of Algonkian Writers Conferences and has spoken for the Learning Annex and San Francisco Writers Conference.