[PAST EVENT] Orna Ross Speaking on How To Make Money From Your Writing
About this event:
Self Publishing for Creative & Commercial Success
with Orna Ross
Morning Speaker Presentation: 11am to 12:15pm
(General meeting begins at 9am, speaker presentation is at 11am, after Q&A,
networking time, introductions & announcements)
(Click here for today’s meeting schedule)
During the morning session, Orna will give us an overview of how authors can now make a living from writing and build a successful indie author business.
- The seven processes of publishing: editorial, design, production, distribution, marketing, promotion and rights sales
- The non-negotiable need for professional standards in all seven processes
- How to publishing in multiple formats and on multiple platforms
- The business models available to authors
- The challenges of money management for creatives
- How to run an indie author business, for creative and commercial success
About Orna Ross
Irish indie author Orna Ross writes and publishes novels, poetry and the Go Creative! books and blog.
She is Founder-Director of the non-profit association for self-publishers, the Alliance of Independent Authors (ALLi) and the online author conference, the Indie Author Fringe and each year since 2013, she has been named “one of 100 most influential people in publishing” (The Bookseller).