WRITER’S WORLD 2018
September 8, 2018 9:30am – 4:30 pm
Guzzman Hall, Dominican University
50 Acacia Ave, San Rafael CA 94901
You’ve written a book, so what’s next?
Sponsored by Joel Friedlander (TheBookDesigner.com)
plus Redwood Writers,
Book Marketing Mentor and Pro Audiovoices
Writers World provides Bay Area authors with a unique opportunity
to find the support services for independent publishing they need
to take their next steps forward.
- Get up close and personal with representatives from regional writer/publisher organizations.
- Meet publishing professionals with services who can help you take your next steps to:
- produce your print book or ebook or audiobook;
- distribute your book globally and locally;
- market your book in each format so your can get it out there to your target audience;
- print your book either offset or on demand;
- convert your content into a digital ebook;
- record your own audiobook or have it recorded by a professional narrator.
- Meet Bay Area vendors who provide other products and services for the writers, authors, and small publishers that can help you achieve your publishing and writing goals.
- Get your professional author headshot taken for use on your book cover and in all your marketing.
- Book an individual 20-minute coaching session with Developmental Editor David Colin Carr, to talk about your book or story idea.
- Do a short author interview on video to add to your website and use in marketing your books.
- Get a 20-min coaching session with “book midwife” Ruth Schwartz, to talk about birthing your book—getting from finished manuscript to finished book up online available for sale.
Keynote address by Lee Wind, Marketing and Programming Director of IBPA (Independent Book Publishers Association): “I Published a Book” is Not a Marketing Plan
Q&A is a BAIPA favorite: come ask any question related to independent publishing and all the experts and those with experience that may be helpful will do our best to get you answers and will share the benefit of our experience. We’re here to learn together!
Workshops 11:00-4:00 including:
- An Edutaining Journey Through the World of Words: The difference between Writers and Authors; a grammar Q&A; how much grammar leeway do writers have; and Word Trivia with Arlene Miller, the Grammar Diva
- Hitting the Wall: Engaging Shadow & Mystery in the Creative Process with Cathy Wild
- Write a Killer Book Blurb with John Byrne Barry, author of Wasted: A Green Noir Mystery, and Bones in the Wash
- Improving Your Writer/Author Blog and Website in 2018: What an Author Needs to Succeed, How a Competent Website Designer Can Help with Author Lee Foster, Foster Travel and Website Designer Jeffrey Samorano, WPinOneClick
- From Content to Comma: Working with an Editor with Barbara Fuller, Editcetera
- Animal Accounting for Writers – Money Stories with Vitalia Fedossova, Aurelius Accounting, Inc.
- A Style Experience, 3 Secrets to an AWESOME 1st Impression with Shelley Golden, A Style Experience
- Scrivener: What’s All the Fuss? with Vanessa Kier, The Writer’s Tech Stop
- Basics of literary law/how to avoid lawsuits with Kelley Way, Law Office of Kelley A. Way
- Building Your Email List to Grow Your Book Sales with Judy Baker, Book Marketing Mentor
- Making Money with Audiobooks with Becky Parker Geist, Pro Audio Voices
- How to Get Booked on TV or Radio with Cynthia Brian, StarStyle Productions
Selected Additional Vendors
MFA in Creative Writing at Saint Mary’s College of California
James Jacobs, Palo Verde Books
BAIPA is an educational organization dedicated to elevating the art of the independent author-publisher. Members include creative people who are involved in various aspects of publishing, linking writers with the services they need to publish and sell their work.
Educational Workshops • Keynote Address • Q&A • Vendors • Writer Orgs
Scroll down to register!
If you would like to be an exhibitor/vendor or sponsor, go here for complete information.
- Writer's World 2018
September 8, 2018
9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Venue: Dominican University
Guzzman Hall 50 Acacia Ave, San Rafael CA 94901