It’s a given: you want your book to succeed in the marketplace. So learn how to get the edge on success, and get it right the first time! Come to BAIPA on Saturday, March 14, when Amy Collins, founder of New Shelves Books, the fastest-growing book distribution company in North America, will be our speaker in the morning and present a workshop in the afternoon.
Over the years, Collins has sold to Barnes & Noble, Target, Costco, Borders, Wal-Mart and all the major chains, as well as helped launch several private label publishing programs for the book chains and companies such as PetSmart and CVS. Her book, The Write Way, is about publishing, selling, and marketing your book.
Topics for the morning session will include:
“How Sales, Distribution and Marketing REALLY Work in the Publishing Industry”
Where do you want your book to be sold? Bookstores, airports, conferences, universities, Amazon? Amy Collins will teach you how to maximize your chances of being picked up by major retailers. Drawing directly from her front-line experience, she will show you how to:
- Research the rules, price and package needed to succeed in your chosen arena and genre
- Avoid the publishing predators; work with the best people at the best price
Topics for the afternoon workshop will include:
- Is your book ready for the marketplace? Know the rules!
- Bring your book, and receive a full evaluation of how it fits the current marketplace rules. Using real-life examples from workshop members, Amy Collins will give participants the skills needed to evaluate and position their books. She will answer your questions about many topics including:
- How to price your book.
- Is your book cover competitive?
- Is your writing (and editing) on par with what big publishers want?
- Do you have the correct sales pitch for each market?
- How to be effective with press and marketing efforts
See you at BAIPA on Saturday, March 14!