How to complete your Member Profile
Watch this video which will take you through the steps of completing your membership profile.
video produced by Judy Baker, brandvines using Camtasia on a Macbook Pro.
Viewing the Website
If you see the text cut off on the right margin, widen the window of your browser or open it full screen.
Logging In as a Member for the First Time:
- In the upper right, enter the email you use as a member, then click “Forgot password”
- A window will ask for your email and require entering an anti-spam code *
- If you get a message that you're not a member, please contact email@example.com.
- If you became a member with an old email address and you can’t remember what it is, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A new window will open telling you that you will receive and email with instructions for creating a new password
- In the email, click the link and reset or create your new password.
- A window will confirm that your new password is set. Click Home
- In the upper right hand corner, enter your email and password (check “Remember me” if want member access automatically each time you go to our website.)
You’ll find a list of upcoming events and announcement of our monthly newsletter Bookbeat. As a member, you can click through to read it.
A list of upcoming Second Saturday speakers and a bit about them and their topics.
- Generic information about our Second Saturday meetings
- Events Calendar
- A listing by month – or, if you click “Switch to List View” (upper right) you will see all our events in order without a lot of black space.
Anyone can search for members by name, location, profession or keywords. Only the information you indicate to be visible will be. (More on how to edit your profile below)
The benefit of membership are listed and a link to join.
Visitors to the website do not see the item “Members’ Access” in navigation bar.
All the items in the dropdown list are the benefits of membership. Your access to them will automatically be restricted if your membership lapses. (You will receive ample notification before it expires.)
- Edit Profile
- Follow directions.
- For searchability, fill in the “My Key Words” box.
- Click “Privacy” near the top left to control which information is available to the public and which to members only.
- Recordings of Past Meetings
- Member Forums
- How BAIPA can best serve your needs
- Linked In Group
- My News (announce your readings, awards, blog completion, etc.) To keep up with what members are doing, subscribe (upper right) to email postings (replaces yahoogroup)
- I Need Help (questions? services?) To support other members, subscribe (upper right) to email postings
- Volunteers: we are an all-volunteer organization. Without your help we cannot thrive.
- Board Feedback
These forums are open to non-members.